When you own a beautifully designed kitchen room in your neighborhood, you might want to take into consideration the utensils you will want to utilize in your kitchen area. Aside from offering extra class appeal to your own kitchen, a nice paring knife set to improve taste of foods you cook or prepare is also important. A nice kitchen knife will make your cooking time enjoyable and fun.
How to choose the best paring knife set?
The very important factor to consider when you are planning to purchase kitchen knife is your budget. Ask yourself if you are really willing to shell out $500 for one set of knives or you just want to spend less than $50 thus if you take into account your budget, you might end up purchasing on things, which are not really needed in your kitchen. You must be practical and realistic on your needs, refrain from thinking about throwing parties and foods you will be preparing with your new paring knife set you ‘ ve been planning to purchase for they might not take place.
The cooking style you constantly perform will determine what kind of paring knife set type you must have. If you commonly cook Japanese cuisine, you will be needing to use boning and fillet knife. For a Chinese cuisine, you will only need a single chef knife to do the task. You must ask yourself if you want more than a single set of knives or if you like all types of knife in your kitchen room like, utility , paring knife, chef knife,, cleaver knife, boning knife, ham knife, butcher knife, steak knife, and vegetable knife. Make a note of the dishes or foods you have made the past months, it will aid you in having realistic image as to what paring knife set type you need for your own kitchen room.
The next step you must do is to test each kitchen knife. Try to feel each knife handle type . A perfect knife must provide you with a grip that is secure and make you feel that you are the one in control. Some paring knife sets are very lengthy while some are very short that it will make you feel uncomfortable using it while preparing food. You must also check the knife’s blade and see to it that the blade is sharp and stainless steel.
You will not be able to check its sharpness by using it on your finger on your own finger or someone else’ finger, however many shops have available food that you may test a knife with. If you plan to purchase your paring knife set from online shops, you must first visit a physical shop then check the actual knife before deciding to take out or key in the code numbers of your credit or debit card. Purchasing paring knife set online is cheaper, however you to make sure you have an idea of the product you are ordering before clicking your mouse on the order form.
When selecting the perfect paring knife set for your own kitchen, you may like to compare it with the actual knife set, then comparing the materials used on blade edge, blade, and handle. You may observe that some choices are better compared to others. You will most likely prefer the best ones over the other sets which do not have the quality you are searching for. You may as well want to check the types of knives included in knife set package being sold in order to make sure that you are paying for the specific knife type that you need for your cooking task.
Material of Blade
- Carbon steel knife – this knife is re-sharpened easily however it is vulnerable to stains and dust. Its blade should be cleaned properly, dried, and then lubricated after using.
- Stainless steel knife – This knife requires being re-sharpened more often, however it is difficut to sharpen. It is highly corrosion-resistant type. It comes in affordable rate.
- High carbon type stainless steel knife – This knife does not stain or discolor and is sharp edged.
- Laminated knife – This knife is of high quality. It is typically made tougher compared to traditional knives, thus creating a more precise cutting ability property.
- Titanium knife – This knife is lightweight and has less resistance to wear and tear. This usually comes in an expensive price, thus not a good option for a kitchen utensil.
- Ceramic knife – This knife is light, very hard, and does not corrode easily. It needs special device for sharpening. It very delicate and will surely chip.
- Plastic knife – This knife is not too sharp and is just commonly utilized for chopping or cutting vegetables or fruits.
Edge of the Blade
- Flat ground blade – This blade edge decreases from its thick spine going to the sharp edge in convex or straight line. It is tougher and heavier compared to a knife that is hollow ground type.
- Hollow ground blade – This blade has beveled and concave edges, which has ground beginning in the middle down the knife’s blade edge instead of its spine. It has thinner edge that has better cutting skill. It is also less durable and lighter.
- Serrated blade – This blade is saw-like, scalloped, and wavy. It is suitable for cutting foods that are tough outside but soft inside like tomatoes and bread.
- Granton blade – This blade has scallops ground, which is semi-serrated and alters on both sides, continuing to the center portion. It is suitable for separating and cutting cheese, vegetables, and meats.
Material of Handle
- Wood handle – This knife handle offers good hold however it must always be cleaned thoroughly and sporadically treated using a mineral oil. It usually warps and cracks when exposed to water for long period of time.
- Plastic handle – This knife handle is cared for easily and it does not absorb microorganisms. It is less ultraviolet-resistant and become crisp after some time, leading to cracking. It can also be slippery.
- Composite knife handle – This knife handle is constructed of wood composites, which are laminated and combined with a plastic resin. It is mainly considered as the perfect choice because it can be cared for easily. It can last for a very long period of time.
- Stainless steel knife handle – It is considered as themost durable choice and most sanitary as well however it is very greasy.
Purchasing A Paring Knife Set
Buying paring knife set for your own kitchen is sometimes a difficult task. There are numerous designs and types that are available in the market to choose from. Most knife blades are of surgical type stainless steel however the knife handles are composed of various materials. Among the very common materials are the metal, wood, thermo resin, and plastic. A good knife must perfectly fit in your hand and must show off a design that is ergonomic. Most individuals say that you just get the quality that you have spent on knife which are more expensive are sharper and more durable. Bear in your mind that knife with straight edge is sharpened easily but serrated knife will not be sharpened easily. Choose a particular knife set, which is cleaned and maintained easily. Many knives of higher quality have sharp blades therefore it should not be considered as a bad option to choose a knife, which is dishwasher safe in order to prevent accident when you clean the blades. Knife set must be chosen carefully as it is among the significant tool s you will keep in your kitchen area.
Founded in 2015, TheKnivester.com is the web’s best resource for information and reviews on all sorts of knives. It specializes in providing in depth analytical content that will help you make the best decision possible when purchasing your next knife.